Cal-West Rentals, Inc. is a family-owned and operated, full service equipment rental company since 1958. We pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service and quality rental equipment to homeowners, small and large contractors and ranchers.
Our Open Positions
We’re looking for a full-time Yard Service Technician for our Petaluma location. The ideal candidate will have mechanical aptitude, good organizational skills, and the ability to multitask. We’re most interested in someone who can excel as part of a team, is passionate about helping customers, and is eager to learn.
- Instruct customers on equipment use, operation, shutdown, and safety requirements and procedures.
- Load and unload equipment for customers
- Clean and service equipment to ensure equipment is safe, meets the manufacturers operation standards, and can be considered “Ready To Rent”.
- Inspect and evaluate rented equipment
- Ensure all decals, safety warnings, company identification labels, and safety and operating instructions are in good condition and present on all equipment
- Perform daily scheduled equipment services under the direction of the yard service supervisor
- Daily exhibition of varied rental equipment in facility display areas (directly in front of building) in accordance with seasonal demand, equipment availability, and management direction
- Maintain and organize the yard and its work areas, including but not limited to, proper tool placement, spill containment and removal, slip trip and fall hazard elimination, and preservation of clean floor and/or surface conditions
- Inspect, maintain, properly store, and refuel all propane gas cylinders as needed
- Comply with all government and company safety policies, procedures, and regulations including reporting any unsafe equipment, incidents, conditions, or safety violations
- Conduct yard services job functions while wearing ALL required safety equipment
- Assist in the training of new yard service technicians, and advise as needed
- Assist sales, parts, service, and delivery personnel as necessary
- Assist co-workers, clientele, and the general public
- 18 years or older and have a valid CA driver’s license.
- General mechanical attitude.
- Must be safety-focus
- The ability to prioritize in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with common construction and industrial tools preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
- Available to work on Saturdays
- The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by management.
Rental equipment experience is a plus but we will always value people with fresh ideas and the ability to continually identify better procedures. We offer growth opportunities, full benefits and a competitive salary.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO, Paid Holidays and more.
Please respond with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.